Pages

Friday, April 27, 2012

Orcas Island Salvation Army Band

A different kind of gathering...this is a picture of the Salvation Army Band, on Orcas Island, from 1939. I worked with a genealogist I know on this, and we believe that there are members of the Bull, Iotte, and LaPlante families in this picture. My great-great-grandfather's oldest daughter, Mary Emma Chambers Conkle, married into the Iotte family, so it would make sense that this photo ended up with my great-great-grandfather, after she died. The picture itself is not in very good shape, so I digitally cleaned it up a bit, to make the faces more visible.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, great picture. I have been researching these families (connected through LaPlantes) have you specifically identified any individuals in the photo?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Sorry for the two year late reply. I haven't been active on here in years. I have not actually identified any of the individuals in the photo. Hope your research has been successful!

      Delete